How to select fields for excel file export

John August 17, 2015

HI,

I am new to JIRA and trying to select certain fields for my excel file export. I went to view  all my Issues and select the Export downdown list and saw only Export All Field and Current Field. When  I selected Current fields, I see only a portion of what is given to me by Full Fields. How do I select the fields for my export?

Thanks

3 answers

10 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

In the JQL Results window, look for the button named "Columns" and update the fields you wanted to be displayed on the screen and export.

4 votes
John August 17, 2015

HI,

I am new. What is the JQL Results window? I am looking but can't find the Columns button anywhere.

uknami February 10, 2017

You have to choose the List View. Next to your search box, on the right you will see Basic or Advanced. Next to this option on the very right, You can choose either List View or Detailed View.

The Columns option will be shown only when you choose List View.

Like # people like this
Ryan McBryde August 10, 2018

Can this columns setting be saved to use with other filters?  Or if that doesn't work, does this custom column setting get saved with the filter when it is saved?

Deborah Franco October 9, 2019

Hi,

So I've tried changing the columns into the filter that I want it to be at but once I click export current fields, it only pulls specific columns. I know I can just export Excel (all fields) then just fix the Excel document but it's kind of a pain to do that every single time. Does anyone know why this isn't changing my exported report?

Thanks!

Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2019

@Deborah Franco I think it's a glitch in Jira, where it "remembers" a previous filter setting.

Try starting an "ad-hoc" search (not by modifying saved filters) it should reflect the current column configuration.

1 vote
John August 17, 2015

Thanks. I  found it.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2015

Please accept my answer above :) Thanks!

Suggest an answer