How to see the issues linked to epics in another project, on the current project board?

Marius Daniel Avram June 23, 2014

Hello,

We currently have multiple projects having their own issues and their own boards.

There are filters set for each board based on the JQL command "project = X"

We also made a separate project containing only epics. We assigned the issues from different projects to these epics, in order to have an overall view on their progress.

As an example:

Project 1 has issues A,BC - board for Project 1

Project 2 has issues X,Y,Z - board for Project 2

Project Epics has epic issue types - epic 1, epic 2, epic 3

Issues A and B are linked to epic 1

Issues C and X are linked to epic 2

Issues Y and Z are linked to epic 3

The concern:

Project 1 board, based on Epic swimlane filter, doesn't display issues A,B and C in work mode

My expectations:

Having issues in a project linked to epics in another project, would make it possible for the epics they are linked to, to appear on the project board, like:

Project 1 board

Swimlane epic 1

- Issue A

- Issue B

Swimlane epic 2

- Issue C

Can this be done? because it seemed logical to me to have it this way. Are the swimlane filters, like Epic, apply only to epics included in the current project the board is build for?

Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2014

Hi Marius,

You should add the Project Epics into the filter of your Board for Project 1 and 2.

The boards will only show issues that are in their filter (that currently don't contain the epics).

Best regards,

Peter

1 vote
Marius Daniel Avram June 23, 2014

Ok, I changed the filter to "project = X OR type = epic" and it worked :)

Thank you very much!

Suggest an answer