How to see remaining/estimates in active sprint

Mattias Hallqvist May 19, 2013

When planning a sprint I can see remaining and estimates at the bottom. I can filter the issues to see remaining/estimates of certain tasks using quick filters.

But how do I do this in an active sprint?
Even though there are tons of reports, non of them effectivly can tell me how much is remaining of a group of tasks.
Basically I'd like the functionality of having quick filters in the burn down chart. How can this be done? Or is there some report I'm missing?

cheers

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Exactly.

I did find a workaround though in creating a new board that showed only the issues I'm interested in. Then all charts are based on those issues.
Problem is if you have many different types of issues you want to filter out that method quickly becomes a pain.

I think JIRA is powerful in many ways when it comes to configuration, but in some areas it's very unflexible. Why can't I simply filter my reports?? Or see remaining/estimates on active sprint in plan mode??

Naved Maulavi May 16, 2018

Yes. That should be an easy access feature in JIRA. When you are at the lead position it should be easy for you to get maximum at JIRA more from the planning perspective.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

But how do I do this in an active sprint?

The nearest thing you're gonna get is to use the Burndown Report but that does not have quick filters.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

Why can't I simply filter my reports?? Or see remaining/estimates on active sprint in plan mode??

Well, no one can build everything at one go. If you want an improvement, you'll have to raise an improvement request.

That I understand. I just find it to be such fundamental features missing, like if they don't want that to be possible (like with sub-task estimates).

0 votes

Exactly.

I did find a workaround though in creating a new board that showed only the issues I'm interested in. Then all charts are based on those issues.
Problem is if you have many different types of issues you want to filter out that method quickly becomes a pain.

I think JIRA is powerful in many ways when it comes to configuration, but in some areas it's very unflexible. Why can't I simply filter my reports?? Or see remaining/estimates on active sprint in plan mode??

Suggest an answer