How to see if a Requirement has been tested?

Jouni Rantanen September 10, 2014

Requirement exists in JIRA

Zephyr for JIRA is in use and test case is created and linked to the requirement

From where can I see if the Requirement has been tested and what is the execution status of the test?

It would be good to see many requirements and the tests that are covering those and the test execution status of the tests in ONE view

Requirement view only shows the status of the test case not the Execution status. 

3 answers

0 votes
LUC FILION September 18, 2014

Jouni, 

Thank you for describing your need further.

I found this that may be of interest : Using Zephyr in JIRA - How can I query all tests that are not executed? 

Luc

0 votes
Jouni Rantanen September 18, 2014

Create tests for a certain release and link to requirements of that release.

Create test cycles for that release and put tests there

Run the tests

In my question it does not matter how or from where you run the tests, but the problem is that I can't see if a requirement has been tested or not.

Traceability report only shows that requirements are linked to tests (does not show if the tests are executed or not)

Requirement view only shows the status of the test case not the Execution status

So how do we know what requirements have been tested?

0 votes
LUC FILION September 18, 2014

Jouni, 

How do you handle the test cycles? I mean, one test can be executed many many times, and some other tests may only have been executed once (let's say 1 year ago.)

Can you describe how you use Zephyr for doing your tests, 

Regards, 

Luc

Suggest an answer