How to see all users permissions in all projects ?

Mojtaba Messi October 1, 2017

How to see all users permissions in all projects ?
Manager of our office wants to check all permission for all users in one place 

I tried query from SQL server but it gives us old data as well

how can we do it ?

Please help

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2017

I don't have a solution, but the reason this doesn't exist is because of the scale implications. Imagine if your sever has 1000s of users and 100s of projects, perhaps lots of project roles. Then, which specific JIRA permission are you interested in? Browse issues? Create? The report you'd generate would be giant.

I'm not sure what you mean by old data, but the permissions are definitely accurate in the database. But since there are so many possibilities this isn't feasible.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

It's also very hard in SQL as well.  Imagine that you're just looking at a single permission in one project, such as "log work". 

That line will give you a rule for access, but that access could be

• A group (you'll need to read the users out of the groups)
  • A user
  • A role (you'll need to read the project header for users and groups in the roles)
  • Assignee (you'll need to read each issue affected, or make the assumption that the users who match the "can be assigned issues" rule count)
  • Reporter (Similar to assignee)
  • Group picker (you'll need to read the field, then the groups from the issues)
  • And so on

In other words, this report could not only be long, but horribly complex to generate, and SQL is probably a terrible way to do it because you'll need to rebuild all the permissions logic inside your queries.

Suggest an answer