How to search on issues where custom text field was entered within a specific date or range

Chuck Curtis October 2, 2015

We're looking to search for issues where a user has entered/edited information in a custom text field either that day or over the past week.

That way a user could subscribe to the filter and be notified when that information has been added/edited.

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2015

According to the JIRA Advance Searching doc, there's no operation that can do this. The "WAS" operation is only applicable to certain system fields. Curious, your users should receive notifications when an issue is updated, isn't this the case?

I can suggest a couple of workarounds

• Create a JQL for "updated" tickets for the day startOfDay(). it will not display the custom field changed but I think it will do
  • You can also use the "lastViewed" in JQL
  • Create a post-function that whenever an issue was updated other than the assignee, automatically transition the issue to something else. Then create a JQL with something like "Status WAS = "Waiting for Response", you get the idea.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer