How to search issues from specific Sprint

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Hi,

we use jira + GH (new Scrum Boards).

How do I search for issue (in jira) for all issues under a specific Sprint?

Thanks,

Janiv

6 answers

1 accepted

15 votes
Answer accepted
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2012

Hi Janiv,

to find issues from a specific sprint, you have to add one of the following to your JQL query:

sprint = ID
For this you have to know the ID (not name) of your sprint.
In order to find the Sprint ID you could either view an issue of that sprint in XML view (where all fields are displayed, SRINTID is just a hidden field) or hoover (not click) your mouse over the displayed sprint in the view issue screen, section "Agile", Value "Active Sprint".
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

Thanks, how do I know the sprint number?

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

as pointed out above. I edited the post to highlight possible ways.

Like VIPUL SINGHAL likes this
GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

Thanks and sorry (I did not notice the edit as I read from the mail notification),

janiv.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2012

you're welcome, allways glad to help :)

Søren Nguyen Boisen April 13, 2016

See Bills answer for an easy general way of discovering sprintid.

Like Daniel Everland likes this
11 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 2, 2012

You can always find issues in the current sprint by using the dynamic value "sprint in openSprints() " or find previous sprints with "sprint in closedSprints()" Use a "project in (....)" based on the filter used for your scrum board to get the perfect match. (I suggest just modifying the filter used for the scrum baord, adding the "sprint in openSprints()" and saving as a new filter.

sprint in openSprints()

To find issues in a particular sprint that is not active, just view the sprint report and follow the link "view <SPRINT FOO> in Issue Navigator"

Itzik Pop December 5, 2013

Hi

If I want to use the method "closedSprint()" but I want to see the last 3 closedSprints can I use closedSprints(-3) ?

Paula Cruickshank April 11, 2018

That would be fab

4 votes
Bill Gray February 13, 2014

Another way is to start typing. The drop down will show the title. Choose one and the correct sprintid is inserted...

becomes...

Bill Gray February 13, 2014

This would make a nice confluence macro (or enhancement).

Søren Nguyen Boisen April 13, 2016

Thank you for this! The other ways of discovering sprintid are just plain silly compared to this.

1 vote
jeffshea February 28, 2013

What Eddie says is partially right and very relevant, given the recommendation to use the openSprints() function in the answer. There is an existing bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7659 related to the openSprints function throwing an error for non-admin users.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2013

I understand your frustration, but this is not an answer. Please comment on the original question or answer instead.

Make sure you are using proper case for the function openSprints()

0 votes
Lisa Marie Lamb February 7, 2013

It appears that there's a bug that now "Sprint in (opensprints()) isn't working? I'm using JIRA 5.1.1 and GH 6.1.3.1

Suggest an answer