How to search inside of Zephyr test steps?

Gennadiy Pozdnyakov September 3, 2014

I have Zephyr addon for Jira.

When I create a filter, the search function is looking into Summary and Description, but not into test steps of the tests.

I may export all tests and search in Excel, but is there a way to search in Jira?

3 answers

1 vote
Stacey Deal May 28, 2019

@Bibek Behera Has a method similar to how searches are done in X-Ray been  provided for how to search Zephyr test steps?  If not, could we please open a request to do that?  Thanks so much!

1 vote
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2014

Hello Gennadiy,

There is no option of searching specific test steps in JIRA using filters.Only the test cases can be searched and to go further you have to get into the test case details.

You can export the Tests from the search test page and the test steps(only for the tests having test steps) will also be exported to the excel file with a separate column named Zephyr Teststep.There you can search using the test steps details.

Thank you,

Regards,

Bibek 

Stacey Deal May 28, 2019

disappointing that I have export everything out to search.

0 votes
Andrew Yao October 18, 2018

For X-Ray, for the JQL query, include "text ~ ..." with "..." being the text you'd like to search for in quotes.  It may work in Zephyr as well.

Stacey Deal May 28, 2019

Tried this one with Zephyr - it did not work.

Andrew Yao June 21, 2019

Hmm, Zephr may work differently in that regard :(

Hurcus June 23, 2019

Impossible to query Zephyr text from JIRA. Zephyr operates as a standalone package outside of JIRA. Yes this is disappointing. I am having similar issues. One would assume Zephyr to have its own interface. 

Suggest an answer