How to search for issues affecting a version and not affecting previous versions?

I'm trying to search for issues affecting a version Y and not affecting versions released prior Y.

I tried following jql requests, which are not working as they are giving me in results an issue with AffectsVersion set to (X,Y):

AffectedVersion = Y and not(AffectedVersion < Y)

AffectedVersion = Y and AffectedVersion >= Y

4 answers

How is the order of your versions set up in your project? This is important if you use the < or > comparison operator.

X < Y in my example

I can reproduce your case, the only solution I found is that you have to use the not in operator.

AffectedVersion = Y and AffectedVersion not in(X,W,V,U,...)

Maybe someone got a better solution?

Thank you very much for trying to help, but the solution you found doesn't scale well in a project (as mine) where the number of releases < Y is large.

We can't envision to specify explicitly all releases < Y in all our filters, that would be very difficult to handle.

I was expecting ordering of versions to help on such requests, but it seems like requests based on combining ordering operators and multiple values in AffectsVersion behave "strangely".

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

546 views 6 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you