How to search for issues affecting a version and not affecting previous versions?

Joel Conraud August 1, 2013

I'm trying to search for issues affecting a version Y and not affecting versions released prior Y.

I tried following jql requests, which are not working as they are giving me in results an issue with AffectsVersion set to (X,Y):

AffectedVersion = Y and not(AffectedVersion < Y)

AffectedVersion = Y and AffectedVersion >= Y

4 answers

0 votes

Thank you very much for trying to help, but the solution you found doesn't scale well in a project (as mine) where the number of releases < Y is large.

We can't envision to specify explicitly all releases < Y in all our filters, that would be very difficult to handle.

I was expecting ordering of versions to help on such requests, but it seems like requests based on combining ordering operators and multiple values in AffectsVersion behave "strangely".

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

I can reproduce your case, the only solution I found is that you have to use the not in operator.

AffectedVersion = Y and AffectedVersion not in(X,W,V,U,...)

Maybe someone got a better solution?

0 votes

X < Y in my example

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2013

How is the order of your versions set up in your project? This is important if you use the < or > comparison operator.

Suggest an answer