How to search all the tickets by same ID?

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2011

I know quick search only search by Summary, description or comment, but can we add it to search by ID#? If not, can we somehow search by Key that would pull all the tickets with same ID as 3124 (for example)? I know it's a nice quirky feature to search the ID by the current project, but it's a requirement for us to look at all the tickets witih same ID (which is something my plugin enforce already).

When I mean ID, I mean the actual KEY #. Like if I have ticket AAA-123, BBB-123, and CCC-123, and if my search text is 123, I want to pull all 3 tickets.

As always, thank you in advance!

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2011

Sorry, but what do you mean by ID? I'm not sure I understand the question here because all issues have a unique ID (both in the darabase, and as an issue key), so "all tickets by the same ID" will only ever return one issue. You can of course find an issue by it's ID by simply typing the issue key into the quick search already. I know I'm missing something in your question, but I can't work out what!

Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2011

hey Nic, thanks for the fast response! When I mean the ID, I mean teh digit after the Key Prefix. So if there are tickets ABC-123, EEE-123, and ZZZ-123, I want to be able to type 123 and show all 3 tickets. Currently I cannot do it on quick search (since it default to the last project you are working on -- which again, I wonder if we can override that...) nor the advance sesarch. I try wildcard, but that's not helpig me much.

I'll add these details to the questions to make it less confusing :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2011

Aah, I see! Thank you!

I don't think you can do that as described. I'm sure other people will have some other ideas, but I think you'd need to amend the core of the quick search. (I'd also be tempted to write a "derived field" which displays and allows search on just the number, but that wouldn't solve the quick-search problem)

0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2011
Hi Cameron, Although the JTOOL-plugin is inevitable for lot of other things I don't think that it helps in this case... BR, Markus
0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 15, 2011
Hi Cameron, Although the JTOOL-plugin is inevitable for lot of other things I don't think that it helps in this case... BR, Markus
0 votes
Cameron River September 14, 2011

Do you have the JIRA Toolkit installed?

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JTOOL/JIRA+Toolkit+Plugin

I believe that this might work you.

Suggest an answer