How to schedule with Portfolio Stages

jchastain October 26, 2015

Suppose I have a story which takes 2 days to implement.  In our process, the story would proceed to a design review, followed by QA, then UAT.  Therefore, in evaluating JIRA Portfolio, I created stages for each of these steps.  Now, one would expect that for a 2 day task, you could probably implement and test that story all within a single sprint.  However, JIRA Portfolio is breaking each stage out into its own sprint which is not useful and not accurate.

How I can illustrate this sequential step by step workflow and the time required to go through this workflow in JIRA portfolio?

1 answer

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2016

Jeff,

I am not sure if what you need is possible with Portfolio. Our program management tool Cycle Control is designed to do exactly what you are describing here as a use case. You can define the start, end dates for each of the stages, you can visualize the sequence of stages on a timeline view, it has powerful metrics module, milestones, checklists. etc.

Let me know if you are interested in a demo or have more questions.

Cheers,

Peter T

Suggest an answer