How to run Jira with atlas-run-standalone and application jira-software?

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017

How atlas-run-standalone Jira with application jira-software?

When using  atlas-run-standalone --product jira i cannot add jira-software. Installation fails.

This also does not work:  atlas-run-standalone --product jira --plugins com.atlassian.jira.plugins:jira-software-plugin

I need to run jira to test a Bitbucket plugin which iteracts with Jira (Software) via application links.

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2017
Andrew S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2019

That link explains how to configure a plugin project to start additional applications. However the `atlas-run-standalone` command is used to start a product outside the context of any plugin project.

Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 10, 2019

You need to have a look at the customers/users point of view. Jira Software is a product on Atlassians webpage.

You would assume atlas-run-standalone being capable to run any currently sold product. That the software-part is an application inside a framework/system is an implementation detail and should not affect the capabilities of atlas-run-standalone.

Edit: I guess, you just haven't added the needed application support to atlas-run-standalone with introduction of applications.

Dang Thi Thuy Tien
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2019

Hi @Mike Friedrich

Do you have any solutions for this issue? 

Suggest an answer