How to run Jira with atlas-run-standalone and application jira-software? Edited

How atlas-run-standalone Jira with application jira-software?

When using  atlas-run-standalone --product jira i cannot add jira-software. Installation fails.

This also does not work:  atlas-run-standalone --product jira --plugins com.atlassian.jira.plugins:jira-software-plugin

I need to run jira to test a Bitbucket plugin which iteracts with Jira (Software) via application links.

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente Community Champion Jul 21, 2017
Andrew Swan Atlassian Team Wednesday

That link explains how to configure a plugin project to start additional applications. However the `atlas-run-standalone` command is used to start a product outside the context of any plugin project.

You need to have a look at the customers/users point of view. Jira Software is a product on Atlassians webpage.

You would assume atlas-run-standalone being capable to run any currently sold product. That the software-part is an application inside a framework/system is an implementation detail and should not affect the capabilities of atlas-run-standalone.

Edit: I guess, you just haven't added the needed application support to atlas-run-standalone with introduction of applications.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Jan 08, 2019 in Jira

How to Jira for designers

I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...

811 views 3 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you