How to roll back to a previous version of JIRA?

Paula Passalacqua January 11, 2018

The new version of JIRA has to many glitches.  How do I revert to the previous version.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

Get the backups you took before you upgraded.  Install the previous version somewhere, and import the backups.

I didn't create backups.  I'm a user that just uses JIRA for status lookups on tickets and didn't feel the need to backup before installing the new version.  Will it be possible?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

There is no way to downgrade a Jira system (unless you're willing to put in months of work converting the data to the previous format)

Definitely can't do that.  Do you know if there will be fixes on the "Search" glitches?  I have to search multiple times for a particular ticket, because the search isn't opening to the correct ticket number that was entered.  This is happening to other co-workers as well.  I miss having the Search field on the navigation bar, is one thing, but the Search option not working all of the time, is a bigger thing. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 11, 2018

I think there will have to be - there are a lot of people complaining of search being broken today.

Missing search on the nav bar is another thing (It's one of three things I really hate about the new layout on Cloud)

Glad to know it's not just me. 

Suggest an answer