How to reveal a hidden custom field when a specific option is selected from another custom field

Deleted user January 4, 2017

I am using v6.4.5

I cannot figure out how to display a hidden custom field upon the selection of a specific option from a custom field.

There is a working example in the JIRA installation here, but I cannot figure out how to emulate it.

I've been spinning my wheels for a couple hours now, and it seems like it should be something relatively straight forward to implement.  Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

JIRA doesn't do that natively, so it's a hack or add-on of some sort.  You'll need to work out where it's coming from.

Behaviours in the Script Runner add-on can do it, as can some other field related add-ons.  There's also some (highly not recommended) javascript tricks you can play by sticking js into field descriptions. 

Your best bet is to use your browser development tools to look at the scripts within the page, to see what might be showing/hiding the field, that might give you a clue as to what has been done.

Deleted user January 4, 2017

Thank you!  I found the ScriptRunner add-on being used here, and I was able to access the relevant Behaviours.  Back on track and making progress now...thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events