How to retrieve form data using Jira API or is there Proforma API I could use (in general)?

playgamema September 25, 2020

I am trying to trigger a API after submit a Proforma form. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any automation plugin so I kinda have to hack it.  I am planning to use a JIRA webhook to listen to a custom field which will be update by Proforma form.  After recive the webhook, I want to download form file in XLSX here <JIRA_URL>/rest/proforma/api/2/reports/individual-response/<TICKET_NUM>/<*.XLSX>.  So I see there is an API here.  But I can't see to find a document describe how to use it.   Also, when I use JIRA api to retrieve the ticket data, there is no information about proforma form but some plugin information.

- Is there way to retrieve how many forms and their name belong to a ticket via API?

- Is there a API doc for Proforma?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2020

Hi @playgamema 

I work for ProForma and I just wanted to flag that a ProForma customer API for server and data center will be released in the not too distant future.  I am not able to give you an exact date but it is not too far away in its release.  I will update you again once it is released.

In the meantime, if you would like to make contact with us via our support Portal, we can aim to assist you further.  

Michael Brunner November 19, 2020

Are there any news on the release date of an API to access the form data?

Is there a workaround at the moment

Kate Caldecott
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 25, 2021

Hi @Michael Brunner 

So sorry that I missed this one.  I am happy to say the API has now been released for ProForma.  Available in server & data center, API instructions are here

If you have any further API feature requests please just me know as we are looking for feedback.  Copying forms and internal/external form status change are currently in test for release shortly.

Again I am sorry I missed this one.

Ricardo Araya April 27, 2021

Hello @Kate Caldecott 
THanks for your answer, I am looking the API as well but unfortunately, the link you provided is broken.
Could you share it again please?

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

@Ricardo Araya  I found it here, but only for server and data center, not cloud.

Nabil CHEBILI March 25, 2022

Hello, 
I just wanted to know when this feature will be available on Jira Cloud.

Dan W April 5, 2022

@Nabil CHEBILI Atlassian owns this product now.  Hopefully, they will be adding an API for form data soon, but I have not heard of any plans for it.

Like Nabil CHEBILI likes this

Suggest an answer