How to retrieve Sprint value of an issue using script?

Nuwan May 5, 2015

4 answers

2 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2015

On the current issue you need to iterate over all custom fields and check if there is the custom fiel of type: "com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint".

If that customfield exists, you need to do something like this:

CustomField customField
Issue issue....
Object cfValue = customField.getValue(issue);
final List sprintList = (List) cfValue;
                // Get the first one
                if (sprintList != null && sprintList.size() > 0) {
                    final Method ghSprintMethod = printList.get(0).getClass().getMethod("getName", null);
                    final Object resultValue = ghSprintMethod.invoke(sprintList.get(0), null);
                    if (resultValue instanceof String) {
                        cfValue = (String) resultValue;
                    }
                }

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,

RMRodrigues.

Nuwan May 6, 2015

Hi Rui thanks for the answer. i need to make a custom field read only depending on this sprint value. any idea to how to achieve this?..

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2015

Your custom field was created by a plugin or from Administratin->Issues-> custom fields?

Nuwan May 6, 2015

I have created it by administrator options not by a plugin.

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2015

OK. I don't know if it's possible via configuration. Maybe you need to install a plugin that allows you to do that. Cheers, RMRodrigues.

Nuwan May 8, 2015

Yes Rui I tried with Behaviours plugin using above code i posted. the problem is my code works fine with other custom fields and no result with using the Sprint field. it seems my code unable to read the value of the Sprint. anyway thanks for your valuable time consumed.probably i need to see this thing in different angle. Cheers..:)

Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2015

Add a tag of that plugin on your question in order to get more help. "addon-com.onresolve.jira.plugin.behaviours"

0 votes
Nuwan May 5, 2015

i just wanted to check this sprint field and if its not null then make one custom field read only.

0 votes
Nuwan May 5, 2015

Hi Rui yes,I just want to check the sprint field null or not i have used Behaviours plugin and tried following script FormField sprint = getFieldByName("Sprint") FormField productArea = getFieldByName("Product Area") String sprintValue = (String) sprint.getValue() if(sprintValue!= null){ productArea.setReadOnly(true) } but not able to get any result.

0 votes
Rui Rodrigues
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2015

Hi, Are you talking about getting the sprint name from Java code?

Suggest an answer