How to restrict users to have access to only those issues that are assigned to them?

Shivangi Dubey October 24, 2017

I have a project set-up in JIRA core that has task management information (manager creates issues/tasks and assign them to team under her). Currently team can see each-others tasks and we want to restrict this so a team member could only see the tasks assigned to them and not all the tasks/issues created in the project.

I have created a custom permission scheme and Issue security scheme for this project to restrict issue access to ' Current assignee' & 'Reporter' only but users can still see all the issues in the project whether assigned to them or not, how can this be fixed? is there any other way to implement this request?

Thanks!

2 answers

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2017

This can be done using issue level security.  You can find information on how to do that here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-limit-user-to-only-browse-issues-assigned-to-or-reported-by-them-779160753.html

Shivangi Dubey October 27, 2017

Thanks Brant for the response, I did implement issue level security that seemed to be working fine but what I needed was to add 'Reporter' and 'Current Assignee' browse project permissions to the scheme we are using and that resolved the issue.

0 votes
Gabriel D August 5, 2020

I can't assign a project to a Security Issue Scheme.

Tried everything, seems impossible and Jira is quite complicated regarding UI design and UX.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PHC Admin October 4, 2023

Ridiculously complicated.

Suggest an answer