How to restrict user access to view and be able to create issues in one project only in JIRA?

Karl Shlayfman August 6, 2012

How to restrict user access to view and be able to create issues in one project only in JIRA?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

Change the permissions so that the default is to allow no-one access, then build up the permissions for your other projects to allow your other users, and that project to allow that user.

It's all at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permission

Do i also need to modify my default permession scheme? because by deafult if user is part of jira-user role it will gain access to all projects?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2012

Probably. If your default says "allow access to everyone", then yes, you'll need it to stop doing that.

Or, stop using the default, and create your own.

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

Hey Karl,

I believe that this requirement should be possible by configuring Permission Scheme. Basically, you may need to create a new permission scheme, and configure the Browse Project and Create Issues permission as needed.

- Browse Project: Allows you to control which user/groups/project roles is able to access the issues

- Create Issues: Allows you to control which user/groups/project roles is able to create issues

After creating and configure the permission scheme as needed, you may then map the created Permission Scheme to the project.

More details on this, you may kindly refer to the following documentation:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ahmad

Do i also need to modify my default permession scheme? because by deafult if user is part of jira-user role it will gain access to all projects?

Suggest an answer