How to restrict the JIRA mail content in the replay of email to comment issue in on demand JIRA?

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

Hi ,

Today , i have try this concept "Creating issue and comment from email", it working fine.

I need the below clarification, please find the steps below

1. From browser i have commented the issue TEST-1 like "Comment 1".

2. The on demand JIRA send the comment mail for this issue TEST-1, from default mail server jira@company.

3. Then i will forward that mail ( for comment from eamil scenario ) with the TEST-1 issue comment deatails and my comments to jira@company.atlassian.net

4. It add my new comments and the previous comment in the particular issue ( TEST-1 ) with in a new comment

I need to restrict the previous comments in the comments from the replay machin in on demand JIRA. How can i achieve this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2013

Jira mail handler removes previous message you are replying to if the Option Strip Quotes is enabled on the Handler. This guide will explain Strip Quotes and more information about mail handlers: Creating Issues and Comments from Email

Hope it helps! :)

Suggest an answer