How to restrict project specific custom fields from displaying in the column filter section for the projects that they are not relevant to?

Shalva Mamisashvili January 11, 2015

I have two projects in JIRA, some of the custom fields for one project are not relevant to other. However when I'm viewing issues for one project and choose what columns I want to show, once switched to the other project previous project's columns are shown there as well.

Is it possible to choose set default columns for each project and restrict the irrelevant ones from showing up in column filters?

2 answers

0 votes
Girish_Kulkarni May 16, 2020

Once a Custom Field is created Go to the list of custom fields

In the list of custom fields - Find out your field and on the right most side you can see (...) Click on associate to screen.

Select the screen to which the custom field should be associated.

Go To View Field Configuration -> Default Field Configuration -> Mark it as Required.

Go to Custom Fields -> Find out your field and on the right most side you can see (...) Click on Context and Default Value.

Under ->Default Configuration Scheme 

Applicable Context For : Edit configuration (Click here) 

Choose Applicable context as You have two radio buttons:

1.Global context. Apply to all issues in Jira.
2.Apply to issues under selected projects

Select Second option and choose the project in the list where you want the field to be applicable.

This will restrict the field getting displayed in other project ..

Please let me know if it works for you.. 

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2015

Hi Shalva,

I think that what you want can be achieved using another Field Configuration Scheme.

Here we have more information regarding Field Schemes.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Associating+Field+Behavior+with+Issue+Types#AssociatingFieldBehaviorwithIssueTypes-Associatingafieldconfigurationschemewithaproject

I hope it helps!

Thanks!

Suggest an answer