It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to restrict issue type to particular users in jira cloud

Hi

In Jira Cloud how to restrict issue type to particular users?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote

Hi @Jira Tutorial :)

I believe Issue Security is your way to go, please see more details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-issue-level-security-776636711.html 

Hi @Jira Tutorial ,

In Cloud you can't restrict it. On server there is an app which can do it. What Peter suggest does not work, because users can still create the issue if you use an issue level security scheme. After creation (if you use a default level) they may not see the issue anymore, but you can't prevent them from creating it.

Actually, they will be able to see the issue.  Pretty obscure thing in the docs (I think there's only one line that mentions it), but to set a security level, you have to have to be part of it.  So you can't create an issue that would be hidden from yourself.

Hence the 'if you use a default level'

Nope, they can't use a default level if they're not in it.

Ok @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ , I don't want to make it a Yes/No game. So this is what I noticed in my test:

I just created a sec level scheme with a default level set and I'm not part of that level. When I create the issue I get the following message:

image.png

Now the big question, can you follow the same steps and check who is correct?

Hmm, interesting, that doesn't happen on server - it changes the default selected if level is on-screen, and sets no level if it's not on screen.

Thanks for pointing it out

You too. Good to know that issue security on server behaves differently w.r.t cloud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you