How to restrict fix version, affected version and component to single selection?

Avi Ziv May 3, 2014

I want to restrict fix version, affected version and component to single selection.

I found code JavaScript to do it (inserting it in the description of field configuration) but this option is not stable enough.

How do you propose to do it?

Thanks,

Gaby

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2014

I've always just tweaked the .vm that provides "components" - you can just change the html from multi-select to single. (I never tried with javascript - it looks like a hack, feels like a hack, is unreliable, easy to get around and a pain in the neck to maintain)

I think it's the same for versions, but never done it - there's very good reasons to allow many versions on an issue.

Avi Ziv May 11, 2014

But, I intent to use Jira newest version ver 6.2

I understand I cannot use .vm for this version.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

It's still .vm templates for the version fields in 6.2

Avi Ziv May 26, 2014

Thanks. It' works

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2014

Excellent :-)

To stop Answers nagging you about open questions, mark the best answer as correct - look for a tick mark to the left of the answer

Suggest an answer