How to restrict atlassian connect addon to particular space?

venkatesh boddupally December 13, 2018

Is it possible to restrict a atlassian connect addon  to a given space programmatically in confluence. We have hundreds of spaces and want to make a addon available only to the relevant space. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2018

No.

The only way to do this is to have code in the App that can ask the admins what projects it should show itself for, and then hide itself when it is not wanted.

In other words, it's up to the Connect App to do that.

venkatesh boddupally December 13, 2018

I am new to this connect addon development, How can I achieve this using atlassian-connect-express framework?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2018

Your App will need to have a framework that can capture data telling it which projects to show or hide it from, then use that to determine when to render itself.

I know that is very vague, I am sorry, I don't do a lot of work with connect apps.

venkatesh boddupally December 16, 2018

I have kept a condition:

if(spacekey == 'sample')

{

res.render(success_page);

}

else{

res.render(error_page);

}

my error page looks like:

error_page.png 

How can i remove TestAddon Link in side bar? so that it can visible only in particular space

imageedit_2_8346244260.gif

Suggest an answer