How to respond to Email notifications

tygod007@gmail.com December 14, 2017

Please make me understand in simple words not more technical..

2 answers

1 vote
Joachim Bollen [ACA IT] December 22, 2017

Hi,

You'll need to setup an incoming mail server + mail handler for this to work with standard jira.

Checkout this documentation to get started: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-jira-applications-to-receive-email-from-a-pop-or-imap-mail-server-938847645.html

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2017

I am not sure I understand your question.  If you received a notification from Jira, you typically can just reply to the notification itself in your email client.   This in turn should then add your comments back to that issue in Jira when you do this.

You don't have to reply to the email itself though, you could instead visit the Jira site directly in your web browser to respond to such a notification.

Gustavo Moraes February 9, 2022

Hello!

I have this feature working on my default service desk project (the one that when a user sends a email opens the tickets).

The problem i have is that some of those tickets, we forward to a second service desk project. Tickets on this projects are no being updated when users replies via email.

FYI, the email address to send Jira tickets to is not the same as the email address users receive from.

example. jira@company to create ticket. users receive an email from mailservice@company about updates.

Gustavo Moraes February 9, 2022

FYI, changing the nofitication email to default to the jira@company solved my issue.

Suggest an answer