How to resolve "Could not find class, check it is under a 'scripts directory'" when setting up script listener

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2015

JIRA 6.3.9 and Script Runner 3.0.7.

I'm trying to add a script as a listener but I keep on getting this error:

Could not find class, check it is under a 'scripts directory'

I've put the file, called LDTSOrganisationListener.groovy, in WEB-INF/classes/com/linaro. The start of the file is:

package com.linaro

class LDTSOrganisationListener extends AbstractIssueEventListener {

I'm putting com.linaro.LDTSOrganisationListener in as the name of the groovy class.

What have I got wrong, please?

1 answer

0 votes
Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2015

The documentation seems to be a bit out of date/sync with the latest version of Script Runner.

Listeners should be placed under the JIRA Home directory in scripts. In the UI for adding a script listener, you just specify the class name and not the fully qualified name as the web page says. So, in my case, just LDTSOrganisationListener.

Suggest an answer