How to resolve error ranking issues

Doug Hanks June 12, 2014

I'm using Jira 6.2.5 with Jira Agile 6.4.0.6

When trying to rank issues on a kanban or scrum board, I receive the error below. This occurs on all issues and all boards.

"JIRA Agile cannot execute the rank operation at this time. Other users may be ranking the issues that you are trying to rank. Please try again later."

I found an article that suggested turning on validation-query in the ocnfiguration file and also checking database table AO_60DB71_ISSUERANKINGLOG for any unprocessed records. Neither of these 2 suggestions resolved the issue.

There is nothing written to any log file when this occurs.

I can't say for sure if this is what caused the problem or not, but it looks like the upgrade from Jira Agile v6.3.13.1 to v6.4.0.6 performed some upgrade tasks migrating the original Rank field to something called a LexoRank field.

"Starting upgrade task (buildNumber=44) : Migrate to LexoRank field"

Has anyone else encountered this and have a solution?

Thanks,

Doug

6 answers

0 votes
Paul The Great January 29, 2019

I.m having problem with my jet audio when i record i cant play it back

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2014

As benito mentioned, please refer https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10872. You should follow the work-arounds provided on this bug entry. Hope it helps!

Cheers

Luciano

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 13, 2014

Hello Doug.

There is aknown bug reported and being worked on with high priority that I believe addresses your problem. Here is the link: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10872

There is a statement from the developers there as well.

I hope this can give you some light. Please note that there are some workarounds described there as well, so you could take a look to check if they work for you.

Cheers!

0 votes
Robert BERNHARD July 7, 2014

i hope someone at jira reads this thread. it is a shame to get money from customers for support but when you submit a ticket you are referednto use this forum although answers can only given from some internal jira experts.

we use the java api and ranklast works fine and with rankfirst i get same error as others report here.

if this is the strategy for atlassian than i wonder how the future looks like. jira is a tool companies depend on and if it does not work it can have significant impact. i hope some support manager react on this and change the support policies. as we see nobody helped the customers on this problem.

0 votes
Robert BERNHARD July 5, 2014

i have the same problem when using the java api only on rank first. would be nice if someone from atlassian can comment on this case ? i mean it can not be that customers are left alone with such issues

0 votes
Premesh Purayil June 13, 2014

Im having the same issue on my onDemand intance . Just started using it two days back and started importing issues into my instace from Mantis. Now that they are there when i drag things from the backlog into the sprint i get these errors as well as just simple reording

Dave Johnson June 17, 2014

I'm having the same issue with OnDemand version using a scrum board. I can reorder in future sprints, but not with in the current one. I have tried reordering in Plan and Work layouts. Both give the same error. I am the only one in the production while this is happening.

Jason Pecache July 1, 2014

I'm having the same issue. Any resolution here? Any workarounds? this is a pretty major issue if I can reorder my tickets.

Dave Johnson July 2, 2014

I have been having the problem, but I just did a re-index (this time using the Background re-index option) and now I was able to reorder issues in the current sprint. I'm not if the background re-index did magic or a fix happened.

Doug Hanks July 2, 2014

Thanks Dave. I'm glad you got your issue fixed. But, I have re-indexed several times since the problem started (all with the Background option) and still have the problem. I upgraded to the lates Jira Agile today (6.4.0.9), re-index after the install, with no change.

DIOGO GARCEZ MARTINS July 4, 2014

God save us, what can i do

Suggest an answer