How to replicate the order of issues in JIRA on a confluence JIRA macro?

Bernie Carson May 24, 2017

I want to display the next 5 issues that are apart of a specific board that are not flagged in Confluence using the JIRA issues macro. I know how to use JQL to filter the specifc issues I would like to display however the issues are displayed in order based on their key not based on the order they are in on the JIRA board. This board is use to hightlight the next tasks that need to be worked on however to accurately display this in confluence I need to be able to replicate the order that is shown in JIRA. Any help with solving this issue would be really appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2017

Hi Bernie,

In the JIRA Issues macro in Confluence, just add an ORDER BY statement to your JQL filter.

If you want to order by key (as you mention in the question), write the following:

Project = <your project> AND <any other criteria> ORDER BY Key

You can specify the sort order by adding ASC (a>z) or DESC (z>a) if that might be an additional requirement.

Oh - and if you want to order as they are on the JIRA board, write ORDER BY Rank

Suggest an answer