How to replicate a production jira to test jira leaving behind the data

Raghavendra Rao Inala September 23, 2014

We have a JIRA production server and we now want the same project to be replicated on a JIRA test server but we don't want all the issues(production data) created in the production to be imported in to our test machine.

How can we handle this scenario of import leaving behind the data.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

The standard approach to this is to clone production, then delete all the projects.

A newer, easier, approach is to Botron's project configurator - it can take a single piece of config, a swathe, or the whole lot and replicate it across systems.

Raghavendra Rao Inala September 23, 2014

is there any other approach than to depend on a third part plugin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2014

Clone production and delete all the projects.

Raghavendra Rao Inala September 24, 2014

Nic, Thanks for the quick response. The above solution of cloning and deleting works fine if I want to move from production to dev server. But, if i have some changes in the development machine and I want that changes to go into production server without losing data(issues), what will be the solution for this? Thanks in advance!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2014

You do it manually, applying the changes you need. Or find/write something to transfer it for you, like the Botron software.

Suggest an answer