How to reopen a closed issue in Jira

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Hello!

Pls help me.

in permission scheme:

Close Issues and Resolve Issues have Reporter. but the author of the task does not even have a button to close and open the issue. 

if I give the right to move tasks (Transition Issues) then the buttons will appear. But I do not want to give the right to move through other trans.in workflow

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2017

You need "transition issue" permission to perform any transition, so you need to grant that to all your users.

You can limit who can do things in transitions with "conditions".  There is probably a condition on your "resolve" transition that says "only people with resolve issue permission". 

You should probably add other conditions to other transitions For example: "only people in the role of developer can use 'in progress'"

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2017

Many thanks! 

This is what need! = )

Suggest an answer