How to render a web action template result HTML as a popup window?

jantekb July 10, 2012

Is it possible to have my action's view velodity template be rendered as a new popup window just as the attach screenshot action does? I see there is a decoration thing "atl.popup" and some views are configured to be decorated if their pattern matches /secure/popup/* but I could not apply this to my views.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012
jantekb July 10, 2012

OK, but even if I use it through the JavaScript API (new AJS.Dialog()) this script is run after the browser navigates to a new page so I will find myself on a blank page with a popup URL. I'd rather need a <a href=".." target="_blank"> functionality! On the web-item docs (https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Web+Item+Plugin+Module) I see an example:

<param name="isPopupLink">true</param>
But this doesn't do anything I think.
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2012

Ah, I understand now. You want a popup when you click on a web-item link? isPopupLink I guess is the property to make it work but I have seen people complaining that it doesn't work. There were some worarounds in the forums before. Maybe you can search and find it.

Suggest an answer