How to remove the sprint from a board

Jewel Francis June 26, 2015

Hi Team,

This is the situation.

I have moved a sprint from one board to another board.(moved all the issues from one to another). Now I can see the sprint in new board with, say 60 issues and the sprint in old board with 0 issues. Both the boards are for two different projects. I noticed that if I edit the name of the sprint in the new board, it gets reflected in the old board as well. This is understandable since the sprint is an entity and is not dependent on the board/project.

My question is, is there a way to remove the sprint from the old board? (The one with the 0 issues??)

Warm Regards,

-Jewel

5 answers

1 vote
LakshmiS June 26, 2015

Export the 60 issues to a CSV. Delete the sprint and recreate it where required. Then re-import the issues

So you are saying that there is no other way to remove the Sprint from the old board ??

0 votes
Jewel Francis December 8, 2015

Hi All,

Don't know whether or not, you are aware of this. GHS-9220 was raised with Atlassian team regarding the sprint deletion.

Warm Regards,

-Jewel

0 votes
Veracode November 17, 2015

Having a similar problem. 

A open sprint from another board appears on the ABC board.  The filter for ABC board is simple, "project - ABC".  Checking both via screen (JQL) and via database (SQL) the sprint contains issues only for project "DEF".

The sprint on the board for "ABC" has the board locked.  We can't start a new sprint on board "ABC" because the sprint is already open. - but it's not our sprint!

I see questions above, but did anyone find resolutions for these types of problems?

0 votes
Randy Ho June 26, 2015

sprints are associated to tickets and not directly to boards. If it's on your board, then there's a ticket in your project/board that is still associated to that sprint. Try running a query for all tickets in the sprint and check against what's on your board. It could be that the ticket isnt showing because it's not part of the board's filter query or configured status's.

0 votes

Both the sprints have not started yet, by the way !!

Suggest an answer