How to remove the impact of non-working days on filter subscriptions.

Scott Wagner March 13, 2014

I have an issue filter (project = MF3 AND issuetype = Bug AND status = "In Progress" AND updated <= -36h ORDER BY updated ASC) with a subscription to email results each workday.

Monday and Tuesday results are artificially inflated as no one works weekends. Short of creating a separate filter and subscription for Monday, with another for Tuesday, how do I exclude non-working days?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Wagner March 25, 2014

Thank you both for your suggestions. I’ve tested both and unfortunately neither provides the results I am seeking. At this point I’m just going to create separate filters and subscriptions to address Monday and Tuesday results.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

Sure. Why do you run the subscription daily for the weekends? There is an option that you can save the subscription for the weekdays, excluding weekends.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2014

(project = MF3 AND issuetype = Bug AND status = "In Progress" AND updated > startOfDay(-0d) ORDER BY updated ASC)

This should give you all issues updates today. If (-0d) changed (-1d), would get the issues yesterday and today.

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2014

What about adding updated >= startOfWeek(1d) to the query - this should filter all results after Monday 00:00

Suggest an answer