How to remove the completed sprint from sprint field?

Prasath Balachandran January 4, 2016

I'm having a task for which I have set the sprint as current active sprint but it is not listed in the current sprint when I have checked the sprint field it shows both current and old sprint which is completed. how to remove the completed sprint from sprint field? I'm using JIRA v7.1. 

4 answers

1 vote
George Wickham January 11, 2016

Hi Prasath Balachandran,

I had the same issue with 6.4.11 and bulk edit did the trick for me, but you'll need to provide the sprint ID in bulk edit.

Maha vishnu v April 17, 2020

Thanks George and phill , your resolution worked @George Wickham @Phill Fox 

1 vote
RPandyaram
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2016

Hi Prasath, As long as the sprint is not completed , it would be listed as an option under sprint field. You have to close the sprints ( under active sprints tab ) once completed. Hope this helps.

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2016

Hi Prasath Balachandran

In order to edit the sprint field you will need to make sure it is visible on the screen associated with the edit action. Once this is done you can then change the single issue or if you have multiple issues with the same problem you can make a bulk edit based upon a filter.

0 votes
Rahul Sawhney July 11, 2018

I have the same problem and unfortunately bulk-edit is actually tedious. There are multiple questions and problems related to this:

1. Is there no way to avoid this from happening in the first place?

2. Why does Jira insist on retaining the old sprint when the issue has rolled over into the current sprint?

3. Why doesn't Jira provide a clean way to know, after the fact, in which sprint was the issue actually closed, using a query? It appears the only way to see the info is via the sprint report, but that is not good enough if you want to check data from multiple teams and multiple teams at the same time.

Suggest an answer