How to remove test projects (and associated parts) from Jira Cloud

David Anderson September 19, 2016

I have recently signed up for JIRA Software in the cloud, and I created a test kanban project and a test scrum project to see how they worked.  Once I was done looking around, I tried to delete them.  I have successfully deleted the projects themselves, but there are apparently lots of left overs.  Apparently there are schemas, and screens and such associated with those test projects that still show up when I try to administer my real project.  Is there anyway to get rid of all those associations for the now deleted test projects, or do I have to deal with the residuals for the rest of my time using Jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2016

For each type of "leftover", you can go to the list of them and delete them. 

Start with the schemes - go to admin -> issues -> permission schemes and remove any permission schemes not associated with a project.  Repeat for security schemes, issue type screen schemes, notification schemes, workflow schemes and so-on.

Once you've clobbered all the dead schemes, you can go into delete all their sub-components - screen schemes, dead workflows and so-on.  JIRA won't let you remove active stuff in most cases.

Sadly, there's no easy automated way of doing this housekeeping.

Suggest an answer