How to remove sprint field from Epic

Annicka Rosengren October 13, 2014

We don´t want the sprint field to be present in epics as they don´t go into a specific sprint, the connected features or stories goes into the sprint. Now we have removed the sprint field from create edit and view screen. So we can´t add it when we create new or edit epics.

However - if we move a feature issue i.e. convert a feature to an epic and the feature has  a sprint id - it will be part of the epic and is visible in the epics issue view. We don´t want this behavior!

My idea was then to hide it in field configuration - but unfortunately it is not possible to hide sprint id in field config...

Then I tried to set a post function which purges sprint field on creation of epic - to see if that solved the move unwanted behavior - but still no success...

Does anyone have a workaround for this?

3 answers

1 vote
Luther Hargrove
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

The workaround would be to remove the sprint field value before moving it to an epic.  I know this probably isn't what you are wanting to hear, but it's really the easiest way to get around this.

0 votes
Juliano Acauan July 16, 2019

You could use the "Bulk Change" solution as used for other issues in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-remove-an-issue-from-a-completed-sprint/qaq-p/123077.

I hope it helps.

0 votes
Annicka Rosengren October 14, 2014

Thank you Luther - thas was my suggestions to the users until we find a better automatic way to purge the field if the receiving issue type does not have the sprint field included in the screens

Suggest an answer