How to remove reporter from watcher list

Jiechao Wang October 8, 2013

Hi there,

I just want to ask how can an administrator remove reporter from watcher list of the issues he created? This would allow the report to receive only some of the status change notifications of his issues.

I find this was filed as a JIRA ticket and it says it is solved there. But it does not say how an administrator can do it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28268

Thanks for your help!

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jiechao Wang October 16, 2013

This question is still not yes resolved. Could anyone provide some information on this?

Thanks!

2 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

HEy, check this answer right in this forum:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/49971/how-do-i-disable-jira-autowatch-by-default

A heads-up to all that are still interested: as of Jira 5.2.2, Autowatch can be disabled for all users under JIRA Admin > User Preferences. Good news for the OnDemand users, who coulnd't use the workaround requiring a plugin :)

Cheers

Jiechao Wang October 9, 2013

This works. But after I disable it, the reporter does not receive any status change notification of his own issue at all!

In notification scheme, I added Reporter in Issue Resolved, Issue Closed, Issue Reopened and Work Started On Issue event. But now none of these notifications is received by the reporter. Do you know how do I fix this?

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2013

You have to make sure that the events are triggered in the workflow postfunction of the corresponding transition. This should be the case if you use the provided jira workflow, but if you created a new workflow it could be the case that the transition only fires the generic event.

Jiechao Wang October 14, 2013

Could you provide more info or a link on how to make sure this? I did create a new workflow and we are using it.

Thanks!

0 votes
Peter Gilchrist September 11, 2014

I have followed these instructions.. But don't have any such options...the screens here are generally quite minimal... Have they changed of late ..is the functional city somewhere else.I think generally I want to wipe all Watcher records and start afresh...

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2013

Jiechao,

The Disable Autowatch feature can be changed from the Administration menu on Ondemand: User Management -> User Preferences

More info here

Cheers!

0 votes
Fabrizio Galletti
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 16, 2013

on workflow transition post function, you find the event that you trigger. check if you trigger the generic event (if it's a new workflow probably the error is there) or the "closed" " resolved" etc.

Jiechao Wang October 17, 2013

I guess you are talking about downloadable version of JIRA. I am using JIRA OnDemand. Do you think it is possible to do this with JIRA OnDemand?

Thanks!

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2013

Jiechao,

You can modify workflows on Jira OnDemand.
The reporter may not receive other events triggered if the reporter is the same person testing and has disabled the 'Notify my own changes' and also because of the other ideas suggested on this answer.

If you are finding hard to solve this problem, I suggest creating a ticket with support.atlassian.com . Don't forget to mention your instance's issue and the user not receiving emails.

Cheers!

Mauro

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2013

In order to change the notifications a reporter gets you have to modify the notifications scheme used by the project. See here on how to do that.

Suggest an answer