How to remove none option from Cascading select list ?

SRIDHAR July 29, 2012

I have cascading select field with 2 drop downs and i want to remove the none option in both the lists. How can we do with the help of Javascript.

2 answers

0 votes
SRIDHAR August 16, 2012

Writing Javascript in description fields is not a good idea. I have tried using javascripts but when switch between issues types or screens the javascript doesn't load. So the only solution i can think of to write a plugin and write your javascript implementation along with the plugin development . Restart the Jira and enable the plugin to test your Javascript loading dynamically .

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Without Javascript you could simply make the field required - that removes the 'none' option.

SRIDHAR July 30, 2012

No it doesn't work for cascade field. It only works for Radio Buttons.

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

does not work for me wither

Andrei [errno]
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 16, 2012

doe snot work for me either

Pranav Khaladkar August 9, 2016

doesn't work as expected for cascade select fields

Suggest an answer