How to remove html tags while exporting issue comments to excel using "All comments custom field type plugin"?

Madhanaa Rajendran May 22, 2013

We are using "All comments custom field type" plugin. When we export issue comments to excel it shows html tags. Is there any way to remove those html tags? Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhanaa Rajendran

4 answers

1 vote
Lars Lundegård October 22, 2013

I have the same question. Or actually I want the comment to be in a jira wiki style, for example

Instead of:

<p>Lars (Mon May 20 16:58:58 CEST 2013): New compression and payload format is used.</p> <p>Lars (Mon May 21 16:00:00 CEST 2013): Solved.</p>

I want:

Lars (Mon May 20 16:58:58 CEST 2013):
New compression and payload format is used.

Lars (Mon May 21 16:00:00 CEST 2013):

Solved.

- Can this be configured?
or
- Is the source code available so that I can modify the plugin?

/Lars

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

You should really try the Better Excel Plugin, as it offers several calculated fields to export comments to Excel. Even better, those are calculated on the fly, so you don't even need to created an actual custom field for this in JIRA!

See the full documentation for details, but here is the table of the related fields and the level of granularity:

Excel commentsText, user and date of all comments.
It is a longer block of text that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need only the first or last comments, and more granularity, see the next items.
Excel first commentText, user and date of the first (earliest) comment.
It is a block of text that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need more granularity or better data types, see the next 3 items.
Excel first comment textThe actual text of the first comment.
Excel first comment userThe user who added the first comment.
Excel first comment dateThe date when the first comment was added.
Excel last commentText, user and date of the last (latest) comment.
It is a block text of that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need more granularity or better data types, see the next 3 items.
Excel last comment textThe actual text of the last comment.
Excel last comment userThe user who added the last comment.
Excel last comment dateThe date when the last comment was added.
0 votes
Jems Bond May 16, 2014

You can also use this power XL software for remove comment in excel files and make excel is easy.

Power XL

0 votes
Will Sheppard January 22, 2014

This appears to be a common issue, but the last release of the code was in August 2012.

Could anyone publish the source code of this plugin somewhere like github so the community can make the fixes themselves?

Suggest an answer