How to remove html tags while exporting issue comments to excel using "All comments custom field type plugin"?

We are using "All comments custom field type" plugin. When we export issue comments to excel it shows html tags. Is there any way to remove those html tags? Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Madhanaa Rajendran

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I have the same question. Or actually I want the comment to be in a jira wiki style, for example

Instead of:

<p>Lars (Mon May 20 16:58:58 CEST 2013): New compression and payload format is used.</p> <p>Lars (Mon May 21 16:00:00 CEST 2013): Solved.</p>

I want:

Lars (Mon May 20 16:58:58 CEST 2013):
New compression and payload format is used.

Lars (Mon May 21 16:00:00 CEST 2013):

Solved.

- Can this be configured?
or
- Is the source code available so that I can modify the plugin?

/Lars

This appears to be a common issue, but the last release of the code was in August 2012.

Could anyone publish the source code of this plugin somewhere like github so the community can make the fixes themselves?

You can also use this power XL software for remove comment in excel files and make excel is easy.

Power XL

You should really try the Better Excel Plugin, as it offers several calculated fields to export comments to Excel. Even better, those are calculated on the fly, so you don't even need to created an actual custom field for this in JIRA!

See the full documentation for details, but here is the table of the related fields and the level of granularity:

Excel commentsText, user and date of all comments.
It is a longer block of text that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need only the first or last comments, and more granularity, see the next items.
Excel first commentText, user and date of the first (earliest) comment.
It is a block of text that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need more granularity or better data types, see the next 3 items.
Excel first comment textThe actual text of the first comment.
Excel first comment userThe user who added the first comment.
Excel first comment dateThe date when the first comment was added.
Excel last commentText, user and date of the last (latest) comment.
It is a block text of that can be inserted into a single Excel cell. If you need more granularity or better data types, see the next 3 items.
Excel last comment textThe actual text of the last comment.
Excel last comment userThe user who added the last comment.
Excel last comment dateThe date when the last comment was added.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

69 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you