How to remove bundled plugin from WAR file?

KuboG January 17, 2013

When building WAR file for web server. Is it possible to remove plugin from bundled plugins? And if yes. How to remove it?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Find the atlassian-bundled-plugins.zip file and remove the plugin from the zip file.

Nic - some are not turn-offable but you may not want them. Can't think of an example though...

KuboG January 17, 2013

Going to try also this and will let you know if it was sucess.

KuboG January 17, 2013

This works. I found the file, unziped, erased plugins. Then placed to folder edit-webapp/WEB-INF/classes and rebuild the war. Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2013

It is possible to add "remove file X" to the build scripts.

Question is - why? The bundled plugins fall into two groups - ones that you need and ones you can easily turn off in the UI. I can't think of a reason why you'd want to go to the effort of doing this when it's easier to simply turn them off after installation.

KuboG January 17, 2013

Thanks for tip. I'm going to try this. I need it because I have non standard deployment with Jira 5.2 on jboss 4 and I cannot get Universal Plugin Manager started so I need to remove unwanted plugins from bundled package.

KuboG January 17, 2013

What script should I edit? I looked in build.xml and fund nothing about bundled plugins there.

Suggest an answer