How to remove a workflow scheme from a workflow.

Susan Cline March 30, 2012

I really don't know how all of this works but so far this community has be great at answering all my questions. So I had to create a new workflow scheme. But I can't seem to delete the old scheme from my workflow.

I created a draft of my workflow (because it is active) but I can't find the magic button. I am sure it is there somewhere. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I need to remove the old one so I can then reassign all my projects.

As always, thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2012

Hi!

While the new workflow scheme is active you can't erase it. First, you should change the workflow scheme of the projects that are using it. Then you will be able to erase it.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2012

You can change every workflow scheme entering in the administration section of every project and then in the 'Workflow' tab.

So should I go ahead and reassign all my projects first, then go back and delete the old scheme? I assume that will then remove it from my workflow altoghter, correct?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2012

Exactly, I had a lot of issues with this the first time, I always thought that the scheme should have an option to create a draft.

But for now you have to do the reasign first, and then erase the scheme. Note that this won't erase the workflows, just the scheme.

That is what I needed. Thanks again! That's twice today you have helped me ; )

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2012

Glad to hear that worked! :-D

0 votes

So should I go ahead and assign all my projects to the new scheme first, then when it is inactive, delete it?

taiwo_ojo September 29, 2019

yes

Suggest an answer