It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to remove a sprint from filter but keep items that have an EMPTY sprint field?

Hi-

I'm trying to create a filter of "Open bugs" and I want to remove any of the open bugs that we've scheduled for "Phase 2" (which is the name of a sprint). When I attempt to use a filter such as sprint != "Phase 2" it also removes open bugs that are not associated to a sprint and where the sprint field is EMPTY. This does not give me an accurate picture of open bugs we need to complete in Phase 1. How can I create this filter to make sure bugs that do not have a sprint are shown and anything in Phase 2 is removed?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 answer

0 votes

You should be able to write some JQL that looks like this (using some example since I don't know what your full filter is):

project = ABC and issuetype = Bug and resolution = Unresolved and (Sprint != "Phase 2" or Sprint is EMPTY)

JQL typically automatically excludes empty/null values when searching, and this is usually my workaround for that.

Thanks for the quick reply @Alex Christensen :) That worked, appreciate your help. Happy Holidays!

Like Alex Christensen likes this

Of course, happy to help!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you