How to remove a JIRA Dashboard gadget from choice of gadgets so that it cannot be added again

Philipp Klauser January 17, 2013

I would like to remove a gadget (Issues assigned to me) from the choice of gadgets.

On any dashboard when clicking add gadget it souldn't be possible to add the "Issues assigned to me" gadget.

Thanks for any help!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Go to Manage Plugins, choose Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin and disable the module Assigned to Me.

But:

Users that have the Gadget already on their Dashboards won't be able to use this gadget anymore. There will be an error message.

ConradR
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

Did you reload the page in the browser? Or cleared the browser cache?

Tried this, but gadget can still be choosen.
Also after a restart...

Having JIRA 5.2.3

Yes, page reloaded, cache emptied.

Gadget can be choosen, but displayes "empty" on rendered Dashboard...

Now found it: I disabled "g-assigned-to-me" and not "assigned to me" Module of the Plugin...

0 votes
Sebastian July 15, 2020

Hi Phillipp,

if you are an admin you can do that in the backend.

1. Go to Manage Apps
  2. Select "All Apps" in the filter
  3. There should be an Plugin called "Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin"
  4. Expand the gadget content and the modules
  5. Search for the gaded and click "disable"

In your case the module should be named "Assigned to Me (assigned-to-me-gadget)"

Regards,

Sebastian

Suggest an answer