How to remove 'None' value from a radio button

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2012

Hi,

I use jira 4.4.5 and 4.4.1, need to add a radio button with 'Yes' or 'No' values.

But, in the create issue screen this field has another value 'None', guess jira adds it by default.

How to get rid of these value 'None' ?

Thanks, Vishnu.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 23, 2012
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2012

Thanks a lot.

2 votes

Make it mandatory.

geraldfuchs May 15, 2018

this worked for me quite well

0 votes
Ryan Shillington January 3, 2020

I solved this by:

1. Type "gg" in a screen to open the administrator search functionality and search for "Field configurations".  Click on it.
  2. Choose your field configuration scheme, for me it's "Default Field Configuration"
  3. Search for your field that you want to remove "None" from.
  4. Click the "Required" link.  This should change it to "Optional".

Now the "None" option should disappear.  I figured it out from here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Remove-the-quot-None-quot-option-from-radio-buttons/qaq-p/297024

0 votes
betigolo November 27, 2018

Done.

Easy

Ryan Shillington January 3, 2020

Uhm.  How though?

Nevermind.  I figured it out and posted it.

Suggest an answer