How to remove Assigee from Assignable on Transition

Vincent (Smartview) October 5, 2017

Hi All,

My context is as follow :

• Settings : Unassigned Issues disabled
  • Button assign disabled at Module Type level
  • All Transition have have the Assignee field
  • Assignee has Assign Permission
  • All Workflow Steps are configured in order to restrict allowed assignee depending on Project Roles using Properties
    (jira.permission.assignable.projectrole.1=10100;jira.permission.assignable.projectrole.1=10101; ...)

When the current assignee has to perform a transition it has to assign among allowed Assignees restricted by the Workflows Properties.

The list of Assignables is correctly built depending on properties, but the current is always proposed even if he is not assignable.

Any idea how to process ?

Or is there a bug ?

V.

1 answer

0 votes
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hello Vincent,

With regards to the current assignee is always proposed by the transition screen, this would indeed be the expected behavior of JIRA. This behavior can also be seen from edit issue screen whereby the fields are pre-populated with the existing values from the database.

The properties (jira.permission.assignable.projectrole.1=10100;jira.permission.assignable.projectrole.1=10101; ...) will be taken into consideration after the transition is attempted and not when the edit or transition screen is brought up.

As of now, I can't think of a way to remove the current field values during the edit or transition screen. This is not a feature that is natively available in JIRA. Perhaps there are some plugins that can achieve this.

I hope my explanation provides you with information on why the behavior is happening as observed right now.

Best regards,

Lenard 

Suggest an answer