How to relate XRay Test plans to a Requirement or Story?

Cesar Sasaki November 28, 2021

Hi!

I'm learning about XRAY because we are trying to buy some add-on for Test Management.

I have seen that the Test Cases relate to the Requirement/Story by the "Coverage", but if I want to say that "Test Plan A" with this Test Cases (That are also on the Coverage of the requierment), how do we associate? with a direct link? 

or How it is supossed to be linked? or not linked at all? Test Plan should be separated?

2 answers

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2021

Hi @Cesar Sasaki 

In Xray, the coverage is done using the link between Tests and Requirements/Stories as you described.

In case you want to analyze the Requirement Status (Requirements/Stories, etc.) based on a specific Test Plan all you need is to choose the scope in the Requirement Status, like this:

aaa.png

With this option, you can view the coverage based on any Test Plan of your choosing.

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 1, 2021

Hi @Cesar Sasaki 

Not sure about XRAY, but in AIO Tests, you can link your Execution Cycle (collection of cases) to Requirements. Then from Requirements, you can view progress of associated cycles using the AIO Tests Jira Panel.

You can book a demo of our app from here. We can discuss your requirement and show how it is addressed in AIO Tests.

~Noopur

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events