How to regenerate reciprocal links from JIRA tickets to Confluence pages?

Mikhail T April 4, 2014

One of our users created a Wiki page with numerous references to various Jira tickets. For reasons still undetermined, the tickets did not get the reciprocal "Mentioned in" links to the page...

During the investigation, I had the user try again -- mention a ticket on a separate wiki-page. This time the link from the ticket to the page did get created as expected. Is there any way I can force the (re)generation of such links to the wiki-page -- without editing it?

1 answer

0 votes
ryan goodwin April 6, 2014

I don't like providing answers that just say "No, this is not possible" but just for informational purposes, there won't be a native way in Confluence to force the links to be created for pages that are already created.

As for why the linking didn't work in the first place, there could have been a communication issue between the two apps, an applink misconfiguration, or permissions issue for the user (at the time of original creation).

Mikhail T April 6, 2014

As for why the linking didn't work in the first place, there could have been a communication issue between the two apps, an applink misconfiguration, or permissions issue for the user (at the time of original creation).

Yes... But now that the problem is corrected, should not there be a way to "try again" -- without manually editing each wiki-page with ticket-references? You said, it is not possible -- sad... Seems like an omission, Atlassian ought to rectify the soonest.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer