How to recover lost execution data?

shreyas shirguppe January 27, 2015

Moved test cases from one project to another.

All test cycles created for first project are now empty.

How to recover the lost execution details ?

10 answers

1 vote
Gokul Kumar Krishnan February 2, 2015

Hello Shreyas,

I am Gokul from Zephyr Support.

Please note that when you move test case from one project to another all executions are lost. The primary reason is that executions are associated to Version and Project by virtue of cycles which are not transferable.

The only alternative to recover lost test executions is to restore your previous backup. Let us know if this information helps. Thank you.

Regards,

Gokul

Shriya Chhajed March 6, 2020

Hi @Gokul Kumar Krishnan 

Restoring the project from the backup does not resolve the issue when zephyr test cycles are lost while moving issues from one project to another in Jira. Can you please help?

0 votes
Tim Mousaw June 22, 2021

I just ran into this same issue. Of course, I didn't realize that the test cycles didn't transfer until after I cleaned up the old project. So, now those test cycles are lost. There must be some recourse other than "restore from backup". Can't some existing records somehow be updated with the appropriate information from the new project to bring those test cycles back?

0 votes
shreyas shirguppe January 28, 2015

ok, so can any one from zephyr please help.

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2015

This is probably a question for the Zephyr guys. This is not a standard part of JIRA. It is provided by a plugin

0 votes

Suppose I have 100 tests and I set filter for smoke test say for 50 tests. So I created Smoke test cycle of 50 test. Like wise cycle1, cycle 2 each of 50 test. Executed these cycles and can see results as passed and failed. Now I moved only test to project2 not the cycles.So after this operation I see no test results in any of the cycles. So is there any way that i can see results of these past executed cycles I did not perform any store or save or export operation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

Ok. So you have "Tests" as an issue type. But that does not explain what your "test cycles" are or how you are storing the results.

0 votes

ok. 1. I created issues of type test , created test cycles, executed those test cases with results pass /fail. 2. I created another project called project2 and selected those test in bulk and "move" to new project. 3. Now test are moved to project2 but the test cycles created earlier in project1 has no data in it as related test are now in project2 . 4. So my question is how to recover the execution cycle details of project1 which is vanished. 5. Also what is ideal way to move to test from one project to another without affecting test cycle data. Thanks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2015

No, Jira does not have "test cases". You need to explain how you have implemented yout test cases, test cycles and execution results in Jira before we can help you. Are they using the standard functions in Jira (i.e test cases are issue types), or are you using an addon to help you with it (if so, which one)

0 votes

No in JIRA itself moved some test cases from one project to another project. Resulting empty test cycles as those were referenced to test cases. Now I want to recover those test execution results but not able to see anything.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 27, 2015

Which test addon are you using (if at all)?

Suggest an answer