How to recover from a deleted customer user which shows as inactive?

Nicolas Magnon April 27, 2017

Hi all,

I have a customer user from Servicedesk cloud which got deleted. I can see its profile which shows as inactive (it has some activity on different issues).

Now I want to created again, but if I try to do that, the action is simply ignored, most probably because the e-mail address still exist somewhere within the database. Is there any log file generated, so that I can go any further?

How can I get out of this issue? The customer e-mail address cannot be changed :-/

Thanks in advance for any help on this...

3 answers

1 vote
Vick Sethi January 29, 2020

Hi I have the same issue. I accidentally deleted a customer from an organisation under a Jira service desk project. I just want to add that customer back - how do I find out that old email address ?

1 vote
Nicolas Magnon May 5, 2017

Hi Ana!

Thanks for your help on this topic!

Yes I would like to reactivate this account, but how I shall do this? Within the site admin/Portal only customers this user doesn't show up, with any filter. Is there any other place to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards,

Nicolas

0 votes
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2017

Hi Nicolas, even though that user is now inactive it still exists in your system so you won't be able to create another account with the same email address. You can however reactivate that account so your customer can keep using his previous account with the same email address.

Would that work for you?

Regards,

Ana

Suggest an answer